We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance coverage can help with expenses for the unforeseeable such as lost baggage, trip delays, emergency evacuation, and cancellation due to illness. Also cancel for any reason options are available.
Travel documents/vouchers unless otherwise requested will be a PDF file sent by email that can be printed out 2 weeks prior to your departure date.
- All rates and taxes quoted are those in effect at the time quoted and are subject to change without notice. All email quotes, printed tour cost or tour cost listed on web sites are subject to change with notice.
- Billing error. In case of billing error, we reserve the right to re-invoice for the correct amount.
- Fuel surcharges and overhead. Unfortunately unstable fuel costs can cause significant cost increases that we can no longer absorb. We do our best to keep trip prices as low as possible and we regret this situation but all trips are subject to price increases and fuel surcharges. We will try to notify you in advance before your arrival if we are faced with cost increases over $5 on day trips and over $50 on multi-day trips.
- Single supplement. Trip fees are based on double occupancy in hotels or lodges. If you do not have a roommate or if a suitable roommate cannot be found to share lodging, participants will be assessed a single supplement fee reflecting the cost of a single room.
- Additional Expenses Due to Delays. Chesapeake Lighthouses and other independent contractors are not responsible for any added expense for delays or trip cancellations due to weather, transportation delays, or other unforeseen reasons. On our trips that include hotel lodging, if delays occur, guests are responsible for any added hotel costs for extra nights and/or added meals that are not included in the tour itinerary. Weather can delay departure the return time or day. When traveling into remote locations we recommend that your after-tour schedule be as flexible as possible and we also recommend that you consider purchasing travel insurance that might offer coverage for added delay expenses.
- Gratuities are appreciated and are a nice way to say thank you! If you feel your tour was exceptional or that your guides went out of their way to make your adventure above the norm, a tip of 15% is appropriate.
Chesapeake Lighthouses and other tour operators with whom we work strive to give you a high quality experience. The tour itinerary shown on our emails, web page or printed material is an example tour itinerary. The actual tour itinerary may vary some due to weather, safety, guest abilities and other conditions. Chesapeake Lighthouses and other independent tour contractors reserve the right to change the tour itinerary and/or make substitutions at any time and without prior notice or to cancel all or part of any tour due to insufficient number of participants signing up for a tour, for the safety of its participants, because of weather, for the comfort and well-being of our guests, for any other conditions as deemed necessary by the tour operator or trip leader.
TRIP MEMBERS RESPONSIBILITY:
Trip members have the responsibility to select a trip appropriate to their abilities and interests. In order to assist you, we are happy to discuss the trip with you, or provide the names of past participants who can describe their experience of the trip you are interested in. Trip members are held responsible for being in sufficient good health to undertake the trip. Trip members are responsible for preparing for the trip by studying the itinerary and pre-departure information sent by Chesapeake Lighthouses
and for bringing the appropriate clothing and equipment as advised therein.
- On payment of your deposit to Chesapeake Lighthouses, you agree to be bound to Chesapeake Lighthouse Tour, Reservation and Payment Terms.
- Final payment. In all cases final payment is due 15 days before tour departure. In the case of late bookings (after February 15, 2018), full payment is required at the time of reservation. If final payment has not been received and no special arrangements have been made, we reserve the right to assume cancellation and fill the space from our waiting list.
- Payments made by credit card.
- Charges may show as multiple transactions on your credit card statement from the tour company providing the tour services.
- A Credit Card Authorization Form must be completed and signed for full payment to secure reservations.
- Participant(s) waive any charge-back rights. In the event of a dispute, requests for refund(s) must be made under the procedure described herein under Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- No second party credit cards will be accepted.
- Payment made by check. Make checks payable to: Chesapeake Lighthouses
- Any other person or entity or travel agent that receives monies from tour participant(s) does so strictly as an agent for the participant(s). Chesapeake Lighthouses disclaims liability for such monies until received by Chesapeake Lighthouses office and has been cleared by Chesapeake Lighthouses’ bank.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
- Chesapeake Lighthouses is an agent for various lodging and travel suppliers that may have different or specific cancellation and refund terms not shown here on Chesapeake Lighthouses' terms. Travel services that are provided by others besides Chesapeake Lighthouses the actual lodging or travel suppliers terms shall be enforced. Please see your itinerary for additional cancellation refund terms.
- Chesapeake Lighthouses does not make exceptions to our cancellation or refund policies for any reason, including medical and family emergencies, we therefore highly encourage you to purchase travel insurance. For travel insurance information call Chesapeake Lighthouses.
- No refunds will be issued for unused services.
- Refund requests must be made in writing and received by Chesapeake Lighthouses within 10 days of trip completion. All appropriate receipts and documents must accompany the refund request.
- All cancellations must be in writing through the booking agent and submitted in writing to the Chesapeake Lighthouses and received within times specified below.
- Written notice of cancellation received in our office more than 120 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 10% of the tour cost.
- Written notice of cancellation received in our office 120-60 days prior to departure your deposit will be forfeited but participants will receive credit in the amount of the deposit for a future Chesapeake Lighthouses tour.
- Written notice of cancellation received in our office less then 60 days then no refund or credit shall be made.
TOUR CANCELLATION, AND OTHER EXPENSES:
- Chesapeake Lighthouses and other independent tour contractors reserve the right to cancel all or part of any tour due to insufficient number of participants signing up for a tour, because of weather, for the comfort and well-being of our guests, for any other conditions as deemed necessary by the tour operator or trip leader.
- In the event of a cancellation by Chesapeake Lighthouses of the entire tour a full refund of amounts paid to Chesapeake Lighthouses for land costs will be given. Chesapeake Lighthouses and participating outfitters are not responsible for any other expenses incurred by tour members such as equipment costs, medical costs, air tickets, etc.
- All refunds shall be processed by Chesapeake Lighthouses main office.
- All refunds will be made through the booking travel agent used on the basis of the amount actually received by Chesapeake Lighthouses less any applicable cancellation fees and charges.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
Although every precaution is taken to safeguard you and your belongings, our adventure trips involve inherent risks and dangers which are beyond our control and Chesapeake Lighthouses shall assume no responsibility for personal injuries or deaths and loss of personal property. Due to the nature of the activities, a condition of your participation is that you will read and sign the acknowledgment and Release of Liability before the tour begins. A copy of the text is available on request.
We use independent contractors to supply Chesapeake Lighthouses with various services on many of our adventures. Some Chesapeake Lighthouses trips require the use of independent tour guides, drivers, lodges and hotels, air and water taxis, and other suppliers. Because we do not own, operate, manage, control, or supervise these suppliers, we cannot be liable for any acts or omissions on their part, including any negligence, gross negligence, or reckless or willful acts. Chesapeake Lighthouses assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss, damage, delay, or death to person or property arising from the negligent or willful act or failure to act of any person who is to or does provide goods or services for this trip or for the action or inaction of any other third party. Without limitation, Chesapeake Lighthouses is not responsible for acts of God, equipment failures, vehicle or vessel accidents, illness from food or otherwise, annoyance, delays, failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, and changes in transit or hotel and lodge services over which it has no control.
Chesapeake Lighthouses reserves the right to take film or photographic records of any of our trips, and may use any such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
The sole and exclusive method of resolving any dispute, which might arise under these conditions, shall be by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association in Washington, D.C. pursuant to the Association's rules then in effect. A resulting award in arbitration may be enforced in any Court of competent jurisdiction.